I came across this creative commons slideshare about using Prezi in the classroom: 17 ways to use Prezi in the classroom. While the ideas for using Prezi are handy, what I thought was interesting was that this presentation is truly collaborative. Each slide is created by a different person and the presentation ends with an invitation to add your own idea. A link at the end of the presentation leads to a whole list of "How to use..." ideas on Tom Barrett's blog - all examples of "crowdsourcing". What a great idea for creating professional development material! Having the opportunity to share ideas and talk about what went well and what to avoid is some of the best professional development. While, as teachers, we all feel the crunch of not enough time to enact all the great ideas we have. While putting together a ProD presentation for our colleagues may seem daunting, creating one slide for a presentation seems do-able. I always enjoy presentations that present a variety of viewpoints, philosophies and 'energies'. Crowdsourcing seems the perfect way to encourage relucant colleagues to share their triumphs and to gather a variety of ideas in one forum. I think a "crowdsourced" presentation about full day Kindergarten practices (full day K is new in our district) or inquiry learning ideas for elementary librarians would be great - maybe I will start one during this project....
Photo Credit: Kheel Center, Cornell University. Strikers take a coffe break between picketing sessions. Retreived from http://www.flickr.com/photos/kheelcenter/5279090779/in/photostream/
I am examining Prezi this week, and am excited to explore the link you shared as well as the blog. Much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteJoclyn