Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wonder

 



  • What are the most useful, and efficient, ways for me to use Google Reader, Diigo and RSS feeds for my personal professional development?  How can I use these tools to share professional information with my local school district colleagues and my larger online professional learning network?
  • “Personally, I realized that the time I take to sit down and reflect on what I do, what I read, or what I observe has really helped my own path as an educator and an administrator” (Couros, 2011, para. 10).  Will posting to my own blog affect my teaching practice?  Will I become more reflective?  Will I be more willing to make changes in my learning and teaching practices?
  •  In what ways can I improve my communication with parents and colleagues using multimedia tools (Flickr, Glogster,WeVideo, Prezi)?  Will these tools change the way I communicate with family and friends, too? 
  •   How can I use the various web 2.0 tools I have chosen to investigate to enhance differentiated instruction for elementary students in my teacher-librarian practice?
  • As educators, we need to be thinking about how to teach both Legacy and Future content in the language of the Digital Natives. The first involves a major translation and change of methodology; the second involves all that PLUS new content and thinking. It’s not actually clear to me which is harder – ‘learning new stuff’ or ‘learning new ways to do old stuff.’ I suspect it’s the latter (Prensky, 2001, p. 4). 
As a digital immigrant (Prensky, 2001), will my modes of learning (and teaching) change as I become more comfortable and habituated to using web 2.0 tools?  Will I learn “new ways to do old stuff”(Prensky, 2001, p. 4)?

No comments:

Post a Comment